The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Being Beyonce


Wow...It's been quite a week for Beyonce!!! On Sunday, she walked away with 6 Grammy Awards, the most ever, in a single night, for a female artist. Later on in the week, she launched her first fragrance Heat, (betcha anything there will be others) at a party amongst friends and family in N.Y. The following day, fans were ecstatic to see Ms. Bootylicious introducing her fragrance exclusively at Macy's Herald Square.

This is how Heat is described: Feminine and irresistible, the floral, fruity, woody scent features rare, sensual flowers. Beyoncé Heat opens with a radiant floral bouquet of magnolia, neroli and red vanilla orchid balanced with a kiss of luscious blush peach. At its heart, almond macaroon, sweet honeysuckle nectar and crème de musk combine to create an exquisitely sensual experience. Finally, warm and sexy notes of giant sequoia milkwood, tonka bean and amber linger to seduce the senses.

Honestly, does anyone know what neroli, red vanilla orchid, sequoia milkwood or tonka beans smell like??? I sure don't, but it still sounds vaguely delicious.

I think she is an amazing talent, a beauty and a breath of fresh air. I LOVE, that she is not a stick figure. I LOVE that the lyrics to her music doesn't require censoring. I LOVE that she is so verbal about her devotion to family.

Beyonce has class and poise, yet there is nothing jaded about her. She makes you want to root for her successes...even Heat. I have never quite understood celebrity fragrances, but for Beyonce's sake, I hope her fans can't get enough of it. For me, it's not about who "created" it, but what happens when it mixes with my body chemistry, two hours after sampling.

I'm betting if Beyonce is behind it, Heat probably smells great and the name sounds a lot better than Gaga will.

xox,
DD

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...