The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Leave It To The Pro's


Last night, I finished my last schmeer, of Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, that I received from TotalBeauty, as a, "sneak peek". Weeks before, I donated, the Age Repair Lotion with SPF 30, to my friend Linda. Maybe it's that whole year she has on me, but Linda doesn't mind the chalky white residue, that accompanies an SPF 30 moisturizer, and I do. What is left, is a bit of the Eye Restoration Complex, designed for the , "delicate" under eye area. This regimen, was part of a 4 week a.m. and p.m., protocol, to achieve, "maximum results", from Olay's latest launch of Professional Pro-X Products. The mission is a good one, "Protect, Treat and Transform".

Frankly, my skin, is in such good condition, that it is getting harder for me to distinguish results. I find myself, glancing around the supermarket, wondering if I can enlist some very ripe faces, to participate in a free trial, without offending---not likely.. You already know, I re-gifted the daily moisturizer. The eye cream, though pleasant, did not stand out. The Wrinkle Cream, had a nice, gel like consistency, but personally, I prefer my last beauty licks of the day to be richer and more hydrating. If you live up in the Blue Ridge Mountains somewhere, I guarantee, Olay Pro-X is your fountain of youth.

What is ground breaking, is the marketing behind Olay's latest launch...Olay is the first mass market skin care manufacturer, attempting to woo a more upscale clientele. I think they have done a superb job, convincing drug store customers, that they are brilliantly outsmarting this same group, by purchasing Regenerist products. I love hearing Sela Ward crow about Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, whooping the pants off of $700 creams. You can make your own assumptions about whether she is talking about La Mer or La Prairie. Do they care if this customer, trades up to the much pricier Pro-X, (though coupons and specials abound). I am not certain---The prize, would be to capture the Lancome, Lauder or La Mer woman.

Will it work??? Time will tell...I love firsts, so I will be listening for the verdict, it may well be a work in progress. Olay's timing couldn't have been more prescient, the economic recovery is a work in progress too...Recessionista's may just start flocking to their local drugstores, in search of good science and quality skincare, at affordable prices. If they are really smart, they will start stocking it at the supermarket too.

xox,
Dd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...