The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Gearing Up To Get Back In The Mascara Game...

L'Oreal Voluminous Fiber FX Mascara




 My lashes have been on Holiday for the last 5 months... Let me attest to the beautiful notion of waking up daily and looking more than human with lash extensions.  Out the door time gets nicked in half because being eye ready makes everything else a slap and a dash.

I promised myself that after returning from Fall Fashion Week in Paris, (shopping with my partner Anastasia for our store Mary Jane Denzer), I would take a long, long break.  Frankly, I don't know a soul who did not suffer serious damage to their lashes.  I'm hoping to come out unscathed, by using Latisse, to minimize the lash loss.

Years ago, I used Latisse when it first became a, "thing".  While I did grow massive lashes, I also suffered from dry, red, scratchy eyes, which mitigated the whole experience.  Smarter this time, I ditched the thick, unwieldy brushes that came with the prescription, for a very fine brush.  My theory is that those brushes, which could have white washed a barn, were depositing too much product. So far so good.

We shall see...

In the meanwhile, I have started researching mascaras again.  What immediately caught my eye was a new Voluminous Mascara from L'Oreal.  The original is a goodie and is supposedly beloved by Jennifer Aniston. (Call me silly, but I'm among the legions hoping for a Brad Pitt reunion...Frankly Angelina and Justin seem a better match than they were to Brad and Jenn, respectively. And you???)

What is very clever about the new Voluminous X Fiber, aside from the fibers for volume, is that one side comes with a black primer!!!  This my lovelies, is a stroke of genius.  I love me some primer, but have sometimes seen tell tale traces of white on my lashes.  This has got to be one of those moments where competitors, are smacking their foreheads for not having thought of black primer first.

Well done L'Oreal!


My research on several sites show hundreds of 4 and 5 star reviews, with a particular shout out for the primer half.  Have any of you tried it???  I'm already planning on picking it up on my next CVS run.

I'm hoping for the best, of what remains of my lashes, and a little help from Voluminous X Fiber in the interim.  I have a funny feeling my lashes will be going on Holiday again. Summer is just around the corner...

xox,
DD






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...