The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Gradual Tanning Lotion

Jergens Natural Glow Firming Self Tanner
$14.00 - Available in two shades


Jergens, in a stroke of genius that changed self tanning forever, was the first company to create a gradual self tanner infused with a moisturizer.  When it was first launched, it flew off the shelves and was a tough find.

Of course, I was an early user. While I loved the concept, the overpowering, smell of bleach or some other noxious chemical, promptly stimulated my gag reflex.  'Nuf said.

I've had some recent streaking misadventures with other self tanners lately, so when I spotted Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Self Tanner, with a banner on the upper left side of the packaging touting, "Award Winning Color" and a "Great Scent", I caved.  The one definite advantage of gradual self tanners, is that they are hard to mess up.


So, how's it going???

Fairly well.  Let's start with the "Great Scent".  Um, no. Not the first adjective that springs to mind. "No Offensive Scent", would be my tagline, but that might not sell as much product.  The consistency is as thick as pudding. Not my favorite either and if used as directed, one would fly though that 7.5 oz tube in a week.

Here's how it is working; mixing it with equal parts Burt's Bee's Radiance lotion or Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion.  By watering down the consistency, the application is much quicker.

3 days in, I am definitely seeing a natural, even, self tan emerging. Here's the really, really good thing; while many self tanners make any spot or freckle look like a bunch of newly minted pennies have sprung up all over your body, Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Gradual Tanning Lotion makes everything appear blended.

That, truly is a stroke of genius.  So slather up Lovelies, with this and plenty of sunscreen when your poolside or at the beach.  I've always loved a bit of a tan, but I can't deny seeing the damage.  I know better.  You know better and this affordable drugstore find product let's us have it all.

Happy Summer!!!

xox,
DD

P.S.! For those of you Lovelies with access to CVS, (though of course, we all do online,) I actually prefer their copycat of Jergens Natural Glow + Firming Gradual Tanning Lotion.  It's less expensive, slightly less smelly and most importantly, the color is equally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...