The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, May 8, 2015

What Mom Really Wants for Mother's Day



We recently returned from a glorious stay at the newly renovated Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in Puerto Rico. Built originally in 1919 by Fredrick William Vanderbilt, this historic Grand Dame hotel has just completed at $200 million dollar renovation.

Did any of it trickle down to the 10,000 square foot spa and fitness center? Naturally and it's world class. My first thought in fact was why do I always wait to go on vacation to go to a spa?

While I was away, I received an invitation from Denise Liquore, Master Therapist, Esthetician and Coordinator of the Equinox Spa in Armonk, NY.  The Spa was hosting an event with the Pilates Studio the day after I got back, would I be interested in attending?

My first thought was, "I'm relaxed as a noodle, bad timing". But I'm putty in Denise's expert hands and why not keep a good thing going? Also, if you have never experienced one on one training with an expert on a Pilates reformer, you are yourself the experience. I left feeling two inches taller...
Equinox Spa
99 Business Park Drive
Armonk, NY

There really is a difference between a true Spa environment, like the one at Equinox Armonk and a salon that offers services in back rooms; no matter how refined. It might not be the Vanderbilt, but the same lush hush soon took over my senses, not to mention the lemon water.

The Spa offers a full service massage and facial menu plus microdermabrasion. All services are competitively priced and expertly administered. They also carry two excellent skincare lines, both of which I used excellent products from; Skinceuticals  and EmerginC.

The perception that one must be a member to attend an Equinox Spa is a misnomer; anyone who books a service at the spa (even if its a brow wax) can enjoy the full amenities of the club for the day.

Just in time for Mother's Day they are offering a special on Massage packages. For more details, call 914-219-1601. Why not treat yourself?

You deserve it, Mama...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...