The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion Deep Dark Color
$6.79 Drugstores nationwide

Well, that is certainly a mouthful!  Like most Girls, I can easily be persuaded to try a well rated drug store "cheat".  I'm also a sucker for a good list.  As a blogger for TotalBeauty, I do consider myself a fan of the site and I'm grateful to all the women who take time to rate and review products.

When I received an email about The 20 Best Drugstore Buys, I set aside some time to read it properly, note pad in hand.

The very first item,  Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion Deep Dark Color caught my eye. My Kate Sommerville 360 Self Tanning Towelettes are an expensive addiction. Reviewers loved that it was quickly absorbed, didn't streak had no discernible "self tanning" odor scent and of course, a lovely price


My only hesitation is that I am allergic to Banana Boat's suntanning products. What I didn't need was a case of sun kissed hives...Against my usual go for broke approach to cosmetics, I did test it on my arm for 24 hours...No harm, no foul, just a lightly tanned forearm.

I quite like it, the color can be layered in 3 hour increments for more pigmentation, but I'm more than content with one application, in fact, the second time I used it, I mixed it with my body lotion to tamp the color down a bit, and a little goes a long way.  As with all, self tanning products, you need to be mindful of places it likes to 'grab', like knees, ankles and elbows.  I always buff over these areas with an old, dry wash cloth.  Lastly, you should scrub your hands like a surgeon, to get rid of all tell tale traces.

There are others on the list I'm also going to try...It's a worthwhile list, so one more time, here's the link to the other suggestions.

As always, you are very welcome...

xox,
DD








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...