The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Radiance for Less: Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline Dream Lumi TouchHighlighting Concealer
$7.99


Touche Eclat Concealer
$41.00


Over the years, I have splurged on YSL's cult classic Touche Eclat Concealer a number of times.  I have always thought it did a better job of highlighting than concealing, but nonetheless, I found its stripes well earned.

My other issue was that originally, Touche Eclat was offered in a limited range of shades, none quite right for me.  I knew of people who bought two and blended, but $82 is not in my wheelhouse to spend on concealers that don't, well, conceal.

When they finally expanded their offering to 12 shades, I reviewed it again and finally found a perfect match.

Yesterday, I spotted Maybelline's version of Touche Eclat, Dream Lumi Touch, described as a, "highlighting concealer". Housed in a far less glam plastic tube, it sports the same click pen applicator as Touche.  For $8 bucks, I couldn't resist buying it...


Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch is available in 6 gel-based shades, and despite my instinct to go with the darker Nude shade.  I opted to try Radiant instead.

While I still needed a bit of regular concealer under my eyes, I found that dabbing it, as suggested, under my eyes, on the outer and inner corners and just above my eyebrows, instantly made me look like I had another 3 hours of sleep.

Shall I repeat that???

Below are Maybelline's complete recommendations on how to apply Dream Lumi Touch.

For Best Results:

To brighten face, apply over brows as well as to the inner and outer corners of eyes and blend with tip of finger.

Apply to sides of nose and on chin and blend to give your face a luminous glow.
To sculpt and highlight facial features, apply in small strokes to the cheekbones and blend.
To make lips look fuller, outline lips with lumi concealer and blend.
To cover imperfections, dot concealer onto desired area and blend.


The only thing that rings hollow is the last recommendation...I can't imagine putting a highlighter on top of an area I wished to conceal.

All and all, for less than a quarter of a the price, I think Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch earns its stripes as well.

 Definitely, Diva divined...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...