The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: MAC Mineralize Lipstick

MAC Mineralize Lipstick
$22 (Grande Dame 4th from left)

I went back to the MAC counter on Friday, but didn't brave the mall again.  I was curious about the lipsticks and gloss that Indian Makeup Blog paired with my Holy Grail Lip Pencil Soar so I went back to Bloomingdale's to see them up close.

Lovely as they were, they were too light for me. My last lipstick purchase from MAC was a huge disappointment. MAC has several different collections of lipsticks.  The one I chose was from the 'Satin' collection. It has languished nearly unworn for months.  The texture was as dry as paste...don't asked me what possessed...

I did of course ask if anything was new, and the lovely young woman who helped me was excited to show me the lipsticks from their new "Mineralize" collection.
I immediately honed in on 'Grande Dame' a gorgeous rose that manages to be both natural and bright. It looked perfect for Spring.


I asked if I could try it and she nicely provided me with a moist wipe to remove my existing lipstick so I could judge the color accurately and wiped the lipstick with alcohol.  Below are the colors that are currently available, more are planned:



  • Start of Color  List ALL OUT GORGEOUS
  • DIVINE CHOICE
  • DREAMINESS
  • ELEGANT ACCENT
  • EVERYDAY DIVA
  • GLAMOUR ERA
  • GRANDE DAME selected
  • LADY AT PLAY
  • LUSH LIFE
  • LUXE NATURALE
  • POSH TONE
  • End of Color  List STYLE SURGE

Details

  • 77-Mineral Moist Complex instantly nourishes lips with maximum moisture in a lightweight, nonsticky formula. The larger bullet applies bright, lasting color in a single stroke. Medium shine finish, buildable coverage. Magnetic closure.
    • By M·A·C.

    I absolutely love the creamy texture that literally glides over your lips. Grande Dame brightened up my whole face and paired perfectly with my fave Lip Pencil Soar.  Another great benefit?  It lasts for hours without the need for a touch-up.

    The reviews on both MAC's websites and Nordstrom for Mineralize Lipstick concur with mine. It's unlike any other lipstick I have ever tried. I think Soar has finally met it's match...

    xox,
    DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...