The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mama Mia! Clarisonic Mia is Marvelous

Clarisonic Mia now available in colors to match your newest jeans. $119
Inexplicably, I sometimes can't get myself to splurge on a beauty product.  Even one that has received glowing online reviews and raves from anyone I know who uses it.

Clarisonic's cleansing system seems to be the one to beat.  Using it for just two minutes a day will greatly improve your skin's clarity and texture, help your creams work more effectively and your makeup application smoother.

I had contemplated purchasing Olay's Pro X system which claims to rival Clarisonic's hand held system, for significantly less money,without mentioning names.  I couldn't pull the trigger on that one either.

Happily, last week we had a Lela Rose trunkshow at Richards, and there lovely reps came bearing grab bag gifts...O.K...so I peeked.  Shoot me.

After charging it overnight, it was ready to roll the next morning in the shower with me.  After just one use, my skin was glowing more than usual.

I was not impressed with the cleanser it comes with.  I don't consider that I have a keen sense of smell, but when something smells off to me, I can't continue to use it, no matter what it's pedigree. Clarisonic does say you can use it with any of your favorite cleansers, so I quickly moved on.

Using Mia to remove a face full of makeup left me perplexed...wasn't I really just moving around my primer, tinted moisturizer and concealer?  My friend Michele is a longtime fan.  She recommended essentially cleansing twice, which I did last night.  Good plan.

Here is how Clarisonic describes Mia's attributes:

While cleansing is the first step in any skin care ritual, it is often overlooked.  Typical manual cleansing can leave behind dirt and oil trapped in pores. This build-up can damage the appearance and health of your skin and keep your skin care products from working like they should.
Used and recommended by spas and dermatologists, Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems use a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, yet thoroughly remove 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Cleaner skin is the first step toward healthier skin. And healthier skin is smoother, more radiant and more beautiful. 

I couldn't have said it better!  If you don't get the Mother's Day gift you were secretly longing for, treat yourself  to Clarisonic's Mia.


You deserve it Mama.


xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...