The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Opening Pandora's Box

A month or two ago, I  reviewed Sulwahsoo's Clarifiying Mask. Sulwhasoo, is the number one selling skincare line in Korea. (In the U.S., it's sold exclusively at  Bergdorf Goodman).  I love masks that you literally get to peel off.   I don't know if it is the anticipation of the big reveal or the hope of flawless,but either way, I adored how velvety smooth my skin felt and how pore less it appeared.

When I received an small 4 piece Pandora's box of Sulwhasoo skin care, with directions that could only be understood viewed under a Trinocular Compound Microscope, I thought,  "Eeeek.  Not great timing". Politely, I declined and offered to send it back. How many skin care lines could I possibly review in such a short time span?  As well, what I could I really discern using samples that I couldn't get me through a weeks trial?...WRONG!!!


Not only did it get me through one week of twice daily applications, it will get me through two...a little goes a long way and I am crazy about all four products. My skin looked positively luminous after each step culminating in a deeply hydrated dewy glow.  If someone told me I had to choose one skin care line to use for the rest of my life, it would be Sulwhasoo... Seriously..

The four products I sampled are to be used twice daily after cleansing in this order:

First Care Serum  $80
Balancing Water   $55 (a gel like toner)
Balancing Emulsion $60 (a lightweight moisturizer)
Concentrated Ginseng $220 (truly the creme de la creme)

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but honestly, each is absorbed in seconds. The more daunting prospect, now that I am ga ga over it, is how I'm going to afford it for the rest of my life.

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. I've been interested in this line for some time, so thanks for this review... it's supposed to be something like Korea's version of SK-II. I balk when faced with that level of pricing however. $400+ for a skincare routine (albeit a 4-parter) seems rather steep and therefore a serious investment. Still, it's good to know that it lasts awhile.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...