The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Ugly Truth

Miss June/Naki

Whoa Boy! Though you might be skeptical, my, "Mean Girl", phase, didn't last much past the 7th grade. That is why I feel squeamish, writing about a Max Factor Total Beauty, "Sneak Peak", that I hated. Bear in mind, mine is just one opinion and my Matthew Fox may not be your Brad Pitt and vice verse.

I was looking forward to trying some Max Factor products for two reasons: It is not sold at CVS, so I have never bumped into it in my travels and the legendary, Pat McGrath, has a creative role at Max Factor. Pat McGrath, is responsible for collaborating on dozens of fashion shows, during each season. She is amazingly innovative and internationally respected, so my expectations were high.

I knew I was in trouble immediately, when I opened my tube of 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper and pulled out a wand as fat as a turkey drumstick, much like Cover Girl's Lash Blast, in fact, they looked so much alike, I did a double take. Too bad, neither of them doubled my lashes...

Next up, was Vivid Impact Lipcolor in Pin-up Pink.. I can't remember if it was Joan Crawford or Bette Davis, in, "Whatever Happened to Sweet Baby Jane", who favored opaque, cotton candy lipstick, but let's just say, I wasn't, "Pretty in Pink".

Maybe this color was not meant for a brunette and would fare better on a blond. I brought Pin-up Pink to work and persuaded my porcelain skinned, blue eyed pal, Krista, to give it a whirl...Equally scary, we looked at each other in wide eyed horror. Swab, swab and onto my friend Naki, another blond, but with olive skin and amber eyes. Naki is the only girl I know, who would look adorable, dressed as a Playboy Bunny on Halloween, except without Pin-up Pink lipstick. Who can, where this shade??? I'm still working on it---but at least, I've got it narrowed down to the right occasion...

xox,
Dd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...