The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Times, They Are A Changin


When I got home from Florida, last Sunday night, my husband tried to slip in a casual remark. "Oh, by the way, I never gave the Times our new credit card number, so they stopped our subscription". "What"??? I gasped in horror. "I won't be able to function in the morning. What will I do, while I am having my coffee"?, I wailed. "You will read it, online, on the computer, like the rest of America".

Hmmmm...Maybe he is on to something...These days, my N.Y. Times does weigh less than my local Pennysaver. "Just think, when your lap top arrives, you will be able to read the times in bed, with your coffee". Hmmmm...another valid point---no risk of schmutzing up my bedding with news print. "You'll adapt, I promise".

Naturally, I was skeptical. I am a creature of certain twenty year habits, aren't you??? Monday I fantasized about my revenge..."Oh by the way Dear, I replaced your Schick Quatro with a straight edge and I bought you a shaving mug". Probably wouldn't go over too well---agreed?

But, as the week wore on, I did begrudgingly adapt. I held my ground with the Sunday Edition and gratefully accepted his offer to make coffee and run out and buy it. What I didn't realize, until I saw it resting on my place mat, was that I had already seen, the Sunday Style section...I read it online. On Saturday.

Will I tell him he is on to something??? Not likely. (C'mon, am I the only one who would rather stick knitting needles up their nose, then admit their spouse is right)? I will mention it via Blog, Facebook and yes, Twitter...The Times, they are a changing and so am I.

If he wants to know how I am adjusting, he will have to, "read it, online, on the computer, like rest of America". After all, what's good for the goose...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...