The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kevin Aucoin The Eyelash Curler; Must You?

Kevin Aucoin Eyelash Curler
$21





Kind of...That is if if you want to achieve a big bump in curl that holds, directly from the lash line.

I have a 5 year old Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler.  For years, it was the Holy Grail of EC's by anyone's standards.  Why they chose to stop selling this iconic product at U.S. retailers is an enigma; profit, is good...No???  For die hards, you can still purchase it on their website though.

I am a little obsessed with my equally beauty obsessed cousin Karyn's lashes.   After seeing her recently, I wanted a full report on every product in her current arsenal.  She, unlike me, is someone who can successfully use Latisse, without looking like a bunch of fire ants march over her irises.  Her lashes are spectacular.

Besides that, she also uses Kevin Aucoin's The Eyelash Curler, which she swore was even more effective than her old Shu.

Good 'nuff for me...
I was in Bloomindales recently to replenish my MAC Soar Lip Pencil Stash. I called ahead, to check inventory, because 9 times out of 10, they are out of inventory.  Fortune smiled, "yes we have it"!.  "Great!...See you in five, oh and would you mind tucking two aside?"...Hey, you never know.

While there I remember Kevin Aucoin is one of the featured brands in their Space NK shop.  I popped in and there it was.  They have a credit only return policy, but even if it was no better than my Shu, it wouldn't be a tough place to spend $21, so I splurged.

Net, net?  Well worth it!  The handle feels less study than my Shu, but it does get you closer to the starting point of your lash line, (to the point where you might want to do this gingerly, so you don't risk curling your lid.) Result, insanely curled lashes, like brow scraping curled.

For anyone uninitiated enough to think your drugstore eyelash curler gets anywhere near these results, you will just have to try it for yourself.  The good thing about spending a bit more on something like this, is with the exception of replacing the rubber curlers every once in awhile, it's really a beauty bargain, once you amortize it a few hundred times.

I checked online reviews and they are universally stellar.  I also found it is available at Sephora online, though I've never seen Kevin Aucoin in their stores.

Now I know why it's called The Eyelash Curler.  Well earned...

Thanks Karyn!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...