The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sulwhasoo... Sulwhawho???


I have always loved at home facial masks...Not the type you simply rinse off with warm water.  No, I like the ones that adhere like latex and require dextrous peeling, preferably in large strips.What can I say? This is my idea of fun... I have been wracking my brain trying to remember a peel from my youth that got me started on this.  For once, my beloved Google and Wiki have failed me.  Does this ring a bell with anyone from the Bonne Bell era???  If so, please pipe in.

When one of my P.R. contacts wrote to tell me more about Sulwhasoo, a Korean skin care line infused with  Medicinal Herbs, sold exclusively at Bergdorf's  I was intrigued.  Besides...if it's good enough for BG, it's good enough for DD.  Best of all, there was a  peel-off  mask to sample.  Oh joy!!!

"According to traditional Korean wisdom, the body's energies change every seven years, weakening and falling out of balance at 35—the crucial moment for anti-aging intervention. Sulwhasoo corrects the effects of imbalance, fostering youthful, radiant skin with carefully blended indigenous medicinal herbs". Alrighty.

This is how Sulwhasoo's Skin Clarifying Mask is described:

This gentle yet effective peel-off mask effectively lifts out impurities and dead skin cells to detoxify and clarify dull, devitalized, and problem skin.

This unique honey-textured treatment is formulated with small solomonseal powder to absorb impurities and Japanese honeysuckle to hydrate, smooth, and brighten. The powerful blend of Korean medicinal herbs exfoliates and purifies for a smoother, brighter, clearer complexion. Ideal for: Exfoliating and refining all skin types; optimizing product penetration.

How to use: Apply evenly over the face following First Care Serum, Balancing Water, and Balancing Emulsion, avoiding lips and hair line.(I always put a little moisturizer around these areas, so the mask will not adhere).  Allow to set for 30 minutes, peeling off the mask from top to bottom once mask has completely dried. Finish by using both palms to rub the face.  5.1 oz. $39.00 (and a little goes a long way).

As it dried, besides, the peel I can't peg, it also reminded me of the homemade egg white masks I used to whip up.  There is always something wondrous that happens when you peel off a mask...  It's kind of a ta-dah off with the old in with the new, expectation.

So how did Suwhasoo's Clarifying Mask work???  I have used it three times and I am impressed with how poreless and velvety smooth my face is after using it.  I do believe in regular facials, but I also think that exfoliation and deep cleansing helps yield better professional results.  It will take a long time to get to the bottom of this tube, but I will definitely replace it on my own dime.

Just to clarify:  I love it.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...