Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Hair Ye Hair Ye (Part 2)
One of the most fun things about writing a Beauty Blog, is trying to stay on top of all that's new. In addition, to my own curious obsessions, their is a bevy of savvy P.R. and Social Media execs who keep me in the loop on the latest launches, my equally obsessed Gal Pal's and my newest resource---The Doctors.
In my next life, I will start each day with 2 cups of good coffee and a full dose of The Doctors. Yes, they cover life saving health issues, but of greater interest to me, is their cutting edge coverage of the latest Beauty innovations. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, GET WITH IT MAMA).
A recent show, reported their are three things that drive women bonkers, wrinkles, fat and frizz. Yup, that about covers it. In recent years, those of us who have humidity challenges, have benefited from the introduction of silicone into frizz fighting shampoos, conditioners, and leave-in treatments. The significant downside, is that hair is often left, heavy, greasy and lank.
A relatively new company, called Living Proof (available at Sephora and QVC.com) partnered with scientists at M.I.T., and discovered PolyfluroEster, the breakthrough ingredient in their No Frizz line of styling creams shampoos and conditioners. The benefits of No Frizz are amazing, and when they blasted the models hair with steam, the No Frizz side won hands down. Here's what they promise:
* It resists humidity 30% better than the leading products
* Hair resists humidity for up to 16 hours
* It repels dirt so hair can be washed less frequently
* Hair becomes more manageable with continued use
* It is available in two formulas, Straight Making or Wave Shaping, allowing for styling options
Well, it sounds great on paper, but how did it work??? In a word, spectacularly.
I used the Straight Making formula, the night before heading south, figuring I would surely have the opportunity to put it to the test. Four things were different right of the brush:
1) My hair stayed full and luxurious. No sign of flatness or tell tale, rat tail ends.
2) It dried faster
3) It styled easily...almost like having another set of hands
4) I said avoir to my flat iron. I didn't even need it too touch up, wavy tendrils in the morning. It never left my suitcase...in Florida.
I am completely, happily, hopelessly sold. One down! Now let's see what The Doctors have in store for those other scourges, wrinkles and fat...If it's as quick a fix as No Frizz, world will soon be a more beautiful place.