The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lush and Luscious


Six weeks ago, I started my Latisse You Tube videos, inviting viewers to follow my eyelash growing journey. Unless you are living in Appalachia, chances are you have already heard about this latest beauty phenomenon. You didn't think I was going to pass this up, did you???

A sensible person, might have chosen to discontinue using Latisse, when as forewarned, they reacted with excessively red, itchy eyes. Not me. Despite feeling like I was walking around with ground glass in my irises, nothing was going to deter me from my beauty mission. As far as I am concerned, it is strictly an occupational hazard...Would a soldier leave his foxhole because he was cold??? Would a surgical resident blow off a procedure because she needed a nap??? Of course not. Gotta tough these things out...

After the third week, I was home free and became my own Gia Pet. No more discomfort, but not much of anything else was happening either. Most people start seeing dramatic results at the 4-8 week mark, with full results at 16 weeks. True to my middle child roots, at the 6th week, I am starting to achieve Stephanie lashes. Stephanie, is Richards knock out Assistant Jewelry Buyer, who has the most lush, luscious lashes in the Western hemisphere. (For the record, her mascara of choice is Maybelline's Full and Soft).

Suffice to say, I am ecstatic. You wake up looking prettier and feel prettier all day. Do I think it's worth the expense? Yes, I do...after all you wear your face everyday. Latisse, depending upon your budget, is the equivalent of just another something in your closet and certainly not something, that's working a little magic everyday.

If I continue growing my lashes with Latisse, until the recommended 16th week, I will definitely make a new You Tube video. I suspect it might get a lot of views... because I am going to have to buzz them.

xox,
Dd

2 comments:

  1. Have you ladies read the recent reports about the FDA cracking down on Allergan for their misleading ads that don't really inform people about the side effects? It is disgusting. I love my Revitalash and their mascara... AMAZING!! be careful using latisse... and seriously consider switching to a less harsh cosmetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi,
    I think Allergan is pretty up front about the side effects...I have a tube of Revitalash and I am going to try it when I have finished up the Latisse.
    I did some on line research that stated that Revitalash did have to reformuate, because it contained the same chemical properties as Latisse and could have the same side effects.
    Revitalash was created by an Opthamologist, for his wife who lost her eyelashes because of chemotherapy for breast cancer. A portion of all their sales always goes to BC research, not just during the month of October!!!
    I am glad to hear such good feedback about Revitalash! Thanks for writing.

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...