The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, September 18, 2017

DivaDebbi's 2017 Emmy's Report Card




In my new role as Co-Owner of Mary Jane Denzer, my partner Anastasia Cucinella and I continuously searching for gorgeous evening wear for our clients Red Carpet moments.  In fact, that is what we were busy doing all day, on Emmy Sunday.

I missed all the Red Carpet arrivals, but did see most of the show and of course could research back with photos to choose my LOVES, LIKES and LOATHES.

A few trends emerged last night; many of the stars arrived in red, white, fuscia, forest green, silver and of course ubiquitous black.   The only thing that really concerns me is if it's beautiful and if it's tasteful.  I am not swayed by who designed it, or what their pedigree is either. Inevitably, a designer will have created something that makes both my LOVE and LOATHE list, (this time the amazingly talented Christian Siriano has that distinction.)


Let's get started, shall we???

LOVES:


Ravishing in red, Nicole is nearly always flawless
 on the RC.  Tonight was no exception
Lovely Felicity Huffman never, ever disappoints on the RC
Here in Tony Ward, a Lebanese designer by way of Paris
who we carry at Mary Jane Denzer


Forgive me, but cause ribbons are not my favorite accessory.

I'm starting a petition to ban Jessica Biel from wearing bangs.
The heavy fringe of bangs she has been wearing for the 

last few years completely obscures her stunning beauty. 
She looks spectacular, head 2 toe.







THE LIKES:



A whisper more support for the Girls would have been lovely!

Yay for Edie! She truly, has never looked better!



I forgot to include a picture of Zoe Kravitz in a multi-color Dior confection! I'm still on the fence, but when I saw it from all camera angles, it is growing on me.
What did you think???

I loved everything but the wig, hence the demotion

THE LOATHES:

Highly unflattering.  Ditto flammable.

Is the glass half empty, or full??? 
OLE!

Leslie looks happy.  That's really all that matters.

"Swiffer gives cleaning a whole new meaning."

Quarters, Nickels, Dimes, Pennies...
A human coin sorter.

In loving memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder...


Irredeemable.

Words fail, but Gentlemen's Clubs comes to mind...

The perennially, hideously attired Heidi Klum...
She never disappoints.

I'm sure this was beloved.  I thought it was dated and unflattering,
though undeniably a pretty color on the very talented Reese.

"As God as my witness, I'll never be hungry again..."

Just dreary...

Ho, Ho, Ho and a bottle of rum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rapf3g_XvCc

A rare miss for the usually flawless, Mandy Moore.
Tartuffo comes to mind...
.
Sarah is often lauded for her sartorial style.
Just. Not. A. Fan.

Most Improved:                              Anna Chulmsky
At first I thought that was a big Rolling Stones Tongue.
It took me 15 minutes to figure out it
was the reflection from the Red Carpet.

Emmy's 2016:



There is hope for all!!!

So Lovelies, what do you think?  Who did you LOVE, LIKE and LOATHE???
Who did I miss???

Please know, Anastasia and I will do everything in our power to always help you to look your best.  If we both don't love it, we don't buy it. We are dedicated to finding the best of the best and to work with you on selecting what is beautiful, flattering, appropriate and makes you feel exquisite.  Call or come visit!  We love hearing from you, and posting your gorgeous pictures in our clothes on our social media sites.

Come experience the extraordinary!

xo,
Debra OShea
Co-Owner Mary Jane Denzer
7 Renaissance Square at the Ritz Carlton
White Plains, N.Y.
914-328-0330

(Complimentary valet parking).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...