The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

Living Proof Satin Hair Serum
$29
Did you know Jennifer Aniston, she of never having had a bad hair day fame, is now co-owner of Living Proof?  Living Proof burst onto the hair care scene a few years back having made a science of fighting frizz.

 JA is the ideal model and spokesperson.  Who doesn't covet her hair and if we buy these products, maybe, just maybe, ours will look half as good.

I was doing a Sephora run the other day in Greenwich.  I'm quite a familiar face there so when I checked out I took a pass on whatever my VIB beauty points would score me or anything else they were sampling that day.  The lovely associate would not be deterred.  "Isn't there anything I can offer you to sample???".

"Anything new for fighting frizz these days?", I asked.  Eyes, alight, she made a bee line for the Living Proof drawer and pulled out a generous sample of their latest offering, Living Proof Satin Hair Serum.

"It's incredible.  You are going to love it!".
With the promise of no frizz and drying time reduced by half, I accepted my sample with glee and anticipation.

I used it last night for the first time.  The texture is similar to other products, clear and a bit slippery, but Satin Hair Serum is silicone free.

Minor glitch, I read the directions written in mice type as "apply directly to the roots" instead of "avoid applying directly to the roots."

Ruh Roh.

My hair did dry very quickly and was smooth and straight.  The only problem is my oh so greasy roots, particularly my bangs which look like I dipped them in drawn butter.

I'm not in the mood to start from scratch and re-wash my hair tonight, but I do need to bathe those bangs.  I think even if I lather-rinse and repeat, a few hundred times things may turn out OK.

Here's a bit more about Living Proof Satin Hair Serum from Sephora's website:

What it is:
A hair serum free of oil and silicone that cuts styling time in half while providing superior smoothness, manageability, and natural movement. 

What it is formulated to do:
Satin Hair Serum is powered by a Sera-Smooth Complex, which offers superior smoothness, eliminates frizz, provides natural movement, leaves hair manageable, and is faster and easier to achieve a desired smooth style. It smooths without the tradeoffs of silicones and oils, doesn’t weigh hair down, and doesn’t create product build-up. Easy to use, lightweight, and long-lasting, it leaves hair grease-free and produces a beautiful, sleek look. 

Research results:
- 83% said it makes hair the smoothest it has ever been 
- 80% said styling hair has never been so easy 
- 75% said it smooths hair with no tradeoffs 
- 75% said it is superior to traditional oils and silicones 
- 84% said it makes it easier to achieve a smooth style 
- 84% said it doesn’t weigh hair down 
- 81% said it holds style longer vs. traditional serums and oils 
- 76% said it leaves hair grease-free

I guess it's time to invest in a pair of readers...

Update:  This is definitely I product I will be purchasing. We had our annual Richards/Mitchell's Lobsterfest, cooked to perfection by my incredible employers the Mitchell Family, at Campo Beach last night.  Despite the heat and humidity, I think I had pretty beach hair for the first time in my life. Bouncy waves instead of puffy frizz.  A miracle.

Afterwards, I washed my hair and used Living Proof Satin Serum as directed.  I let my hair air dry before blowing it a bit.  Despite being a wavy mess, it straightened up and dried in minutes to sleek perfection.  I woke up to sleek, manageable hair that I tweaked in minutes.  A little Satin Hair Serum goes a long way.  Less than a dime size amount should do it.  We are worth it...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...