The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do At-Home Wrinkle Reducing Lasers Work?

We are about to find out!

There is about a lot of buzz in the beauty world about PaloVia Skin Renewing Laser,  the first FDA approved at-home laser clinically proven reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.  It's been discussed on The View and The Doctors, written about in Bazaar, New Beauty and The N.Y. Times and reviewed in Makeup Alley, Truth In Aging and  Beauty Stat.

In addition, it was Allure's 2011 Beauty Breakthrough Winner.  Here's the scoop:

Professional Anti-Wrinkle Treatment … in the Palm of Your Hand:

It's clinically tested and FDA-cleared. The PaloVia laser is a new-to-the-world product that required rigorous safety testing to ensure it was appropriate for home use. 

It's more affordable. Maintaining the effects of professional treatments can be expensive. With a one-time purchase, you can realize the benefits of laser treatments, without worrying about the ongoing cost of professional maintenance. The Spectrum of Anti-Aging Treatments compares treatments costs.

It's convenient. No scheduling appointments. No travel time. Just 3 - 4 minutes a day, whenever it works for you.

It's handheld and intuitive. Unlike large professional laser systems, the PaloVia laser fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. And through years of testing, we've incorporated user-friendly features that make it appropriate for home use.

I am intrigued by non-invasive anti-aging beauty treatments. Particularly ones like Ultherapy and PaloVia that require no down-time. I emailed them to see if I might be able to try it and write about my experience and results.

To my delight they agreed!   I am going to update you with my progress each week.  Here are two before pictures.  I am often skeptical of before" and after eye photos.  It seems to me that in the "before" the person is probably smiling and in the "after", not.  Hence: the improvement.


Pre PaloVia Treatment  "smiling"
Pre PaloVia treatment "non-smiling"
I have put off starting my "treatment" until now after reading that there may be some redness in the beginning. I have had a busy few weeks of social events and I didn't want to take any chances. Results typically can be achieved in 4 weeks with  daily use, with maintenance twice a week thereafter.  PaloVia costs $499.  I am going to let you know if it's worth it.

Stay tuned...

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, any updates on the machine? I'd like to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia,
    I actually need to address this, so thanks for the reminder. I am going to return this to the company. We agreed that I really didnt have enough wrinkles to show any dramatic improvement.
    I kept putting off trying it because of social events. Finally I did try it and I was not at all comfortable with the redness from one nights use, much less 30! I had a friend with considerable crows feet test it and she felt the same way about the redness. This is more than I am willing to risk or suffer through. A touch of Botox works wonders!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...