The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SKII Facial Treatment Masks- Are You Ready for Your Close Up?

When I showed my Mother the picture of me in this mask, she literally gasped.   "You look like Hannibal Lecter! Why are you keeping that horrible photo of yourself"??? she asked in mock horror.  "To show my readers how I looked during my Princess prep for the event I am co-chairing .  "You cannot be serious, I forbid it". 

Huh??? I thought that was hilarious, so I showed it to my friend Naki for a second opinion...."DeleteDelete. Delete".  Oh alright you two, you win. 

Could something that made me look so hideous redeem itself  by delivering radiant results?  SK II Facial Treatment Mask is, the same stuff, after all, that Cate Blanchette and other celebs use before all their Red Carpet events


SK II Facial Treatment Masks are infused with Pitera, the same proprietary, ingredient in Facial Treatment Essence, the cult toner that I reviewed previously and have fallen in love with.  Here is how this product is described:

Radiance, Moisture Enhancing Mask by SK-II. Revitalizes. Comforts. Provides intense hydration. A 100% cotton mask that soaks skin with Pitera’ s fusion of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids. Immediately replenishes dehydrated skin, leaving it refreshed and cool.

The directions suggest to apply the mask for 20 minutes.   I was relieved to see orifice openings.  I'm a multi-tasker and could not imagine relaxing prone, with a lengthy to-do list racing through my head.  It felt cool and comforting and I tried to imagine my skin as plump as a newborn, swaddled under all that cotton.

Since I had received this as a sample, I checked to see how much SK II Facial Treatment Masks retail for...after finding out, I neatly folded up my used mask, returned it to its foil pouch and sealed it in zip lock doggie bag.  Yup. I'm double dipping...You can purchase 10 for $125 or 6 for $90.

When I removed it, my skin was dewy, radiant and wet.  I wasn't sure what to do with the residue.  Was it meant to be rubbed in or rinsed off?  I rinsed.

Will I repeat?  On my own $90 dime???  If I were Cate, I would use them daily.  It's a delicious extravagance and my skin did look amazing...I don't know.  I think I'll let you know how that doggie bag holds up first.  I have a Birthday coming up and I hope to be looking my best...in October.

xox,
DD













1 comment:

  1. I like dewy - dewy is good. Radiant is good too. Might have to look into it! By the way, my birthday is in October too . :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...