The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shampoo, Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

I have never been one to shell out big bucks on shampoos or conditioners.  I have of course purchased and sampled  high end products.  I've just  never achieved results  that for me, justify the spike.  I think Nexxus does a great job, and I am always comfortable with the value.   I have also happily used Pantene, Garnier and Loreal and rarely come away disappointed.   I have zero luck with Dove hair care and  recently got middling results their Frizz Control Shampoo with Patented Micro Moisture Serum...meh.

When I received a press release about a relaunch of Finesse, a brand that felt like a step up from the Flex and  Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo bottles, that littered the shower stall of my youth,  I knew immediately that  I would want to try it, again.   I remember the pretty, flat peacock blue bottles, the pleasing fragrance and how silky it made my hair feel.

Music to my ears???...Finesse ReVitality is specifically formulated, to help hair over 35, "hydrate and recover".  Music to my eyes???...I could READ the friggin  type on the back of the bottle.  ( What is the story with this phenom)???   I am blessed not to have a need for reading glasses, but I am thinking of purchasing a telescope for my bathroom.  Every bottle, jar and lipstick label of late, is written in mice type...no???  Maybe we should start a movement.  If we can't read it, we won't buy it.  Excuse the rant please,  but I'm up to my eyeballs, literally.

Anyway,  peacock has been replaced with robin's egg.  Finesse ReVitality is now packed with Antioxidants, CoQ10, and Collagen, to "plump and nourish", with the promise to "dramatically improve softness after 1 use".  It smells good, lathers nicely and rinses out well, without feeling stripped.

Was my hair soft???  Yup.  Positively downy.  It reminded me of childhood hair, before it was styled, infused with product, blown dry and flat ironed, where necessary, in other words, a little too dramatically soft. 

Will I use try it again???  Absolutely.  Now that I know what to expect after shampooing,  I will look to add something  to provide some structure and control.   Anyone know if they are relaunching Dippity-Do???  It might make a smashing combo.

xox,
DD

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for published such informative post . I would like to read your post regularly................

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...