The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

DivaDebbi's Makeup Diet

I finally did my bi-annual closet switch and purge last Sunday.  I dread doing it for weeks, finally dig my heels in and finally breath a sigh of relief when it's all over.  I can promise you one thing, from years of experience; you will not pine for, or even remember anything you choose to donate.  

As a reward for having a Sephora addiction being a V.I.B.,  I have been looking forward to receiving my 4 Day 20% off pass at Sephora for weeks. I know it seems inconceivable that I could need anything, but after I finished editing my clothing closets last week, I moved on to my makeup closet, and continued the purge. The toss tally???
  • 4 foundations
  • 2 tinted moisturizers
  • 3 blushes
  • 2 brushes
  • 8 lipsticks
  • 2 mascaras
  • 3 eyeliner pencils
  • 2 eyeliners
  • 2 concealers
  • 3 lip glosses
  • 1 highlighter
  • 1 primer
  • 5 eyeshadows
OUCH!!!  Clothing at least can be donated.  For sanitary reasons, the only place for this heap, was a Hefty While I do receive some of this swag free for reviews, enough of it came out of my pocket to qualify me for V.I.B. status at Sephora. 

 What I would like to be going forward, is more thoughtful about my purchases, making good choices and sticking with them.  How do I intend to this?  I will start treating my makeup purchases the same way I do perfume...sampling them and test driving them, before committing to full size products. I will also read a lot more reviews on blogs, Makeup Alley,  TotalBeauty and Sephora before buying.

Did they wear well? Crease? Fade? Flake, Go orange? Get dry/oily? Smear? And remove easily?

I know I can do better. Will I still be entitled to my V.I.B. discount next November? Maybe not...but the "beauty hand print"  I leave on this world, will be a little lighter--there was an awful lot of wasted product and packaging in that Hefty.

Whose with me???

xox,
DD

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but that sounds like a minimalist collection. Good lord, I've been known to wear five shades of eyeshadow at once--I probably own a couple hundred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu make me laugh Poppy! You do realize that's what I threw out!!! I still have plenty! Anyhow, I think you made me feel better anyway.

    xox
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my mantra this current year. I did pretty well. It seems weird to say that I did not purchase one single thing from Sephora this year. I just walk into that store and I think "dirty, germ-filled testers". My pocketbook was happy. That doesn't mean I didn't spend elsewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...